Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sitcom Theme Songs

Do any of these TV shows ring a bell? The Andy Griffith Show / Gilligan’s Island / The Brady Bunch / The Dukes of Hazzard / The Adam’s Family. As you read through this list you can almost hear yourself sing the theme songs. When I hear these songs my mind recalls certain episodes I’ve grown to love. The songs are associated with the show.

When modern sitcoms come to mind I don’t hear a song in my head. Mostly because the modern sitcoms do not have a song associated with it. They may have some type of beat or random pitches on unidentified instruments but it’s nothing that you can walk away singing. They don’t have a clear melody associated with it.

Just like theme songs our lives should be associated with the One in which we worship. Ask yourself the following questions: Is my life of worship like a melody that’s easily contagious? Do the choices I make show a pattern that others wish to imitate? Or is my life like a random group of notes with no clear melody, with no clear association to Christ and my Creator? When our lives show the pattern of Christ then others will want to sing along.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons