Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mr. Potato Head

When I was a kid I used to enjoy playing with Mr. Potato Head. I would create a bizarre-looking figure and then laugh at it. (I guess it was my demented personality coming out at an early age.) Even now I have observed my own kids creating their own version of Potato Head humiliation. There’s just something fun about placing a foot in an eye socket or an ear in an arm socket. Of course the finished product looks nothing like the body of Mr. Potato Head.

You and I make up the body of Christ, His church. Just like the parts of the human body we have certain functions in the body of Christ. Each part plays a very important role to how the body operates. No part is more important than the other. You and I work together in specific areas to give movement to the body of Christ.

We have a tendency to not be satisfied with the area in which God has placed us. Sometimes we try to force our abilities in areas in which we were not created. This creates an unnatural look to the body of Christ. This is like taking Mr. Potato Head and changing the body parts around. The body cannot operate in this fashion. Be content with the area God has gifted you and grow to improve that area of the body. You are there for a purpose.

For further study read I Corinthians 12: 12-31

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons