Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fruit of the Loom

The last couple of times I tried to purchase my Fruit of the Loom underwear I got the wrong size. (I know this sounds like a personal problem.) After trying them on I realized the Fruit of the Looms did not work for me. It’s like they were not made for me.

I can’t help but relate this example with how we as Christians should show the Fruit of the Spirit in our daily lives. Our Fruit should match the Christ who lives in us. In Galatians 5:22-23 we are reminded that

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,

kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

How do we grow that fruit? Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life, tells us that “God develops the Fruit of the Spirit in your life by allowing you to experience circumstances in which you’re tempted to express the exact opposite quality.” For example, if God wishes to develop the Spirit of love in us He doesn’t surround us with easy-to-love people. It takes no character to love people who are lovely and loving to you. He surrounds us with people who are not loving so we can develop that Fruit in return.

So if you are being surrounded by depressing events maybe Christ wants to develop joy in you. If you are placed in situations where others just can’t wait on you, then He is developing patience. And if you’re underwear doesn’t fit…well that’s another problem.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons