Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Make it Real

Last Friday night child #1 & #2 were off at birthday party sleepovers, which left child #3 with mom and dad. It’s rare that we are able to spend one-on-one time with our little guy. So Logan, Suzanne and I went out for dinner.

We had a great time just talking and catching up on everything that is in his little world. At one point in our conversation Logan says, “Is this what you do on a date?” Without telling him too much information we simply said, “Well yes it is.” His next words got me thinking as he said, “This is it? That’s all you do? I can’t believe this. I think it would be more romantic if I were not here.” Then he informs us that he may not need to go with us next time.

Now, I don’t know the reason why he doesn’t want to go on one of our dates. It could be that we are boring. If that’s the case then obviously he is trying to tell me something. It could be that he does not want to inhibit us to make our date more exciting. Enough said.

One of the many ways God reveals Himself is through personal time with Him. I enjoy my time with God in the morning. One morning last week I was spending some time in prayer but was very distracted. I had so many things on my mind. I was writing in my prayer journal while writing a task list of all the items I had to unload.

Then it hit me. His voice saying, “Is this it? It this what you call a devotion?” I’ll have to admit that after 35 years of being a Christian this particular prayer meeting was a little anemic. I should know better.

Spending devoted time with your spouse will reveal things you never knew or maybe forgot. The same could be said of our loving Father in Heaven. Make it romantic. Make it rich. Make it real.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons