Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spoiled Milk

In my early childhood my brother and I would play outside in the long, hot summer days. After several hours of baseball, exploring or setting something on fire we would run into the cool house straight to the fridge and rip off the lid of the milk jug. We would take turns (just enough time to catch our breath) drinking straight out of the milk jug. Nothing tasted better than ice-cold milk on a hot summer day.

On one of these summer days I raced to the fridge beating my brother to the refreshing, pure white liquid. Without noticing the white chunks floating and hanging on the inside of the jug I took a huge gulp. That gulp forever changed my life and the way I drink milk. It was so spoiled and caked over with bacteria that it could have been a part of my school science project. To this day anytime I drink milk (whether out of a jug or poured in a glass) I take a good sniff to check for the scent of spoiled milk.

I find myself applying this lesson of spoiled milk to times of temptation in my life. It’s always good to check for the scent of sin when faced with a choice. Before gulping something that is a potential trap I encourage you to sniff for any scent of sin. If it smells bad then it’s not worth the risk.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons